Privacy & Cookies policy
- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
- Ebbon-Dacs Ltd can be contacted at Wootton Business Park, Besselsleigh Road, Wootton, Oxfordshire OX13 6FD. Alternatively email email@example.com
- This policy was last updated on 28th December 2020.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your smart device and about your visits to and use of MoDel (including your IP address, geographical location, and operating system);
- where required by your customer or employer, details of the journeys you take (including delivery/collection time, routes, traffic, delays and current location) and pass that information on to your customer or employer;
- information that you provide to us when registering with MoDel (including your email address);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of receiving delivery/collection instructions; and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
Using personal information
- Personal information submitted to us through MoDel will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with the instructions required to effect the delivery and/or collection of vehicles on behalf of your customers or employer;
- provide you with a vehicle handover checking app that includes the ability to photograph any damage; and
- provide your customers or employers with full details of the vehicle handovers and where required by them, details of the routes & times taken and your current location while on an active job.
- We will not supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
- We will not supply your current location when you are not on an active job.
Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Retaining personal information
- This Section 5 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Without prejudice to Section 5.2, we will use reasonable endeavours to remove personal data from the system within 30 days of being requested to do so by you
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 5, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- in line with the requirements of our customers who in turn are your customers or employer.
Security of personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on MoDel.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time:
- amend your personal information per your instructions;
- delete your personal information provided there is no legitimate reason for us to retain it (e.g. your customers or employer require us to do so), in which case you will be provided with justification in writing.
- Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. You can write to us at Ebbon-Dacs Limited, Wootton Business Park, Besselsleigh Road, Wootton, Oxfordshire OX13 6FD or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
Data protection registration
- We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Our data protection registration number is Z4653312
Wootton Business Park
Phone: +44 (0) 1865 329300